Saturday, December 13, 2003

Back... but from where?

where i deemed fit for my existance. I don't grace it, i just part take of wad's there to offer and in return i gave of myself.

Thought 1:
I was at cell group meeting recently.. then i felt God spoke to me. A Word in season. It was just the night before my posting result came out. God told me that He will not place me any-o-how, but in a place that will Glorify His name. I'm there to be a testimony and not a stumbling block, to the Christians n non-believers.
Felt really encouraged by it. thank God :)

Thought 2:
People around are like getting attached and getting all lovey dovey... expressing their affections in words n deeds. Then i did a reflection of myself.. y am i not i this fairytale state.. then it just struck me.. i'm not ready... i'm still at the friends stage.. friends with a lot of people.. people of the opposite gender as well. i'm still in the place of preparation for what is to come. I'm occupied with other passions n responsibilites that such relationships have to take a backseat. I enjoy the companionship of my friends. And i'm glad to be able to just bump into an old friend along the streets and have a hearty meal together in town.. yes.. friends aplenty.. but does it spells good fortune? there's alwaise a flip-side to a coin.. i've got close friends who feel that they are not important in my life.. because i'm alwaise with so many people.. yet i just want them to know how dear they r to me... aquaintances add firewood to a flame, but true friends rekindles the lost spark. when i'm down it's only those whom i'm close to will be there... they may not be all that cool, hip, trendy, flamboyant... but they are there to correct and reassure... there as pillars that i can really count on.. i count these few gems more precious than the stones on the shores. All you precious please know i cherish you guys a lot.

Thought 3:
Still remember the period of time before i enlisted... a few of my friends told me to excel in bmt. in response i told them to be proud of me no matter what becomes of me. Still remembering how badly i started with so many setbacks here n there, losing things, making mistakes wif official documentations. How i knelt on the corridor.. scrubbing wat seems impossible to remove kiwi stains on the tiles... how my buddy and i embraced different opinions and believes, argued n disagreed, and buddy system became a 1 man show.. Yes, that was how i begun.. and there was where God picked me up... I got excused from punishments for the mistakes.. my platoon makes an effort not to dirty the tiles..my corridor guys took initiative to clean... n a nice guy, Ronnie just help me with the plants... my buddy, another friend and 1 were seating together at 1 corner of the room.. chatting.. suppering and just appreciating the moment.. How my buddy told me that he is so proud of me; his buddy for getting platoon best... yes, so was i... happy that he shares my joy. God has really brought me thus far.. even to OCS...
Now that I've been posted to OCS, i'll still say the same thing to my friends, be proud of me, no matter what.. not because of what i acheived, rather because of who i am.

Lotsa Agape
Bobbly bob

PS: Stones under high heat and pressure also become gems. Never despise friendships of aquaintances, coz with trials n testing great friends do happen.. Cheers

No comments: