Sunday, February 26, 2006

What a day...

Started the day meeting up my poly friend for some work discussion, got on to work from 10 to 2. While i was working, the radio tuned to class 90fm kept me company, belting out oldies upon oldies. Then came the public announcement of road closures around town area due to the funeral of Mr. S. Rajaratnam.

This name has always been rather alien to name. Never really knew who he was or what he did. Perhaps he was just another Singaporean.

But I was wrong.

He's not just another Singaporean, he is a nation shaker, and maker. He helped mould Singapore into what it is today. He manifested what he envisioned, a country of racial and religious harmony. Something I'm really grateful for.

His passing brought light to the national pledge, something we all have been reciting over and over again, and yet never really grasp the essence of it.

So there i was, overwhelmed with immerse respect towards him, that I decided to bid him farewell on his final journey at the Esplanade. Kinda dragged my gal along with me coz we had an appointment prior to this impromtu decision. There we were, outside the entrance to the Esplanade, waiting for the casket to exit and proceed to the crematorium. Just as I thought everyone present would be solumn and griefed, but I was wrong, yet again. A bunch of ah bengs and ah lians were loitering around, making a lot of noise and effective turned nuisance to the public in general. Several people(me included) that we took turns to stare at them. Perhaps they felt the intensity and disgust that we harboured towards them that they proceeded to relocate. As they wandered around, they enroute a path next to mine. My gal was extremely pegx by them that she cast a stare at them. The guy(beng wannabe it seems) stared at her. But while he cast his glare upon her, a highly perturbed and irritated me was laser beaming him. YES! STUPID IGNORANT TWIT STARED AT MY GAL AND AT THE SAME TIME SHOWED NO RESPECT FOR THE FINAL MOMENTS OF A NATIONAL PATRIOT!

Oh.... pardon my outburst...

So there he was, glancing elsewhere upon visual contact with someone who towers a head over him.

Well, he was not the only fool ard, another bunch of hooligans were strutting along the road when one of them, started to pass a totally brainless message to his peers.. "Eh later take note of the casket's car licence plate number to buy 4D" (pls note, this is not replicated word for word as this typical beng spoke in a mixture of languages and was poorly structured. )

To this beng, pls note:

Pls dun act linguist and mimic Yoda's word structuring techniques. He's alien, are you? If you were in army and I am your officer, i'll make you sign all your weekends to the guard house and a stay in detention barrack for a short getaway. How's that for a wake up call?

Thank God this irritants were distant when the casket exited from Esplanade. At this point, it suddenly poured. IS THAT AMAZING OR WHAT!? but as the casket passed us, the rained moved on along with it so much so that we could see a wall of rain some metres away from us, moving along with the casket. a phenomenon no doubt, perhaps God is moved by his deeds? Maybe..

The casket moved on substantially and I felt that I was not going to have any last glimpse whatsoever, that i gave a salute. Yes, to someone who truly deserves it.

Goodbye Mr Rajaratnam, you will be remembered.

Anyway our next schedule on our itinerary says church seminar, something I was rather excited to attend, but due to some unforseen circumstances that this plan was aborted. Instead I was activated for a Charlie Mike to resolve a problem at hand that nearly got me flipping several times over. Yes, thank God for the patience that it was settled amicably, but we missed the seminar. Darn, so there we were strolling around, spending some time together that we went to check out some skates, a hobby resolution that was due last year. There K2 was having some big sale and i caught sight of an aggressive skate going for 50% off. Wow.. i tried it and fell in love immediately. Needless to say, i fell prey to it's lure and placed a deposit for it. Yes, i'm gonna be an aggressive skater, doing grinds here and there. Wow... so cool eh? Next thing i need is a pouch to bring to the beach and babes will trail my tracks to hunt me down.(Yeah rite)

Ended the day with an excellent cooking by my dear and it was a hearty meal that got me really satisfied and fulfilled. Ahh... lovely... Japanese curry rice anyone?

Nevermind i missed today's seminar, tomorrow's gonna be better!

Dear God! a Word from Heaven pls!

Agape
Bob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh~ so nice~ Finally a dose of my Darling's writtings