Thursday, October 13, 2005

The testimonials say it all...

I'm not trying to be complacent here. riding upon the praises of others that I make a superb boyfriend. Rather I'm making a reflection of the things I've done and contributed to making this relationship evergreen.

There has to be commitment from all, to ensure that their relationship grows. But as we give, we must also know when to let down and to hold back so that we can build ourselves up again as we prepare ourselves for the next round of commitment. I'm not talking about cooling off time or what, rather it's the focusing of our attention on things that would further develop ourselves as a person, and in the long run, contribute better to the relationship.

I wanna be the spiritual leader that my gal can lean on for support and advice, I wanna be that designer that can support for my family's needs and wants, I wanna be that bassist that my gal can gush and swoon over n over, I wanna train up and keep fit so that I'll look good wif my gal, I wanna be so much and more.. But alas, time does not come in abundance for such ordained activities.

all these are only possible if I set time aside to achieve them. So my dear gal, when i'm not there, when I seem a lil resistant. Pls dun interpret it as I'm trying to shun away from you. Rather i need to develop myself to be a better person you and for all around me.. I dont wanna be remembered as a person who only gives his all to his gal and then is left with nothing achieved at the end of the day. Then we gotta think, will the gal still want him? Will he still have that self-esteem he once had?

I've seen guys(and gals) going into relationships, giving their all, and then going different ways but having achieve nought. what's left for the guy or gal who loses out? Nothing.

So as we grow in our relationship, let us too grow in our personal development. It would build a better self-image for us and also makes me feel more deserving of you. :)

I need to know my worth as I walk with you.

Bob

1 comment:

ZaC said...

Know what?
Sometimes I really wish I could..

I wish I could break out of the mediocal relationship..

But somehow..thats one thing we'll lose somewhere down the road in search of our love..

We'll try..that's why..itz hard to find the balance in the multitudes of issues in our lives..