Sunday, August 14, 2005

Dritfting down memory lane..
glancing at those former daily affairs
Never did they seemed the same
a lil more, i wish, i've cared

The places i once lived
Void decks i used to run
alongside the canal beneath
with all my childhood fun

Sadly, the rustic feel has left
Old structures overrun by new
only their memories i have
So strong a lost i feel

Granny was a very strong woman
guilding this lil boy, lil me
I would try to lessen her burden
As she transacted effortlessly

Yes, I was that granny's lil boy
As everyone knew me by
By her side I've toiled
Because I love her ceaselessly

Now everyone seemed a lil older
along with this lil boy
But i'm boy no more
Their memories i'm not found

Saddened..
I missed them all.. so much... so much..

I wished I could speak Hokkien.. I wished I could tell them.. look at me! I've grown up! and I remember you! Please say you remember me too..

When i bought a sweet from them recently... it was not so much i wanted a sweet.. rather i wanted to stand where i used to buy my candies as my granny would pay for them.. the stall owners will always play with me.. yes.. i fondly remember...
so i stole glances at her wrinkled face.. white strains of hair streaking across her head.. her fashion sense never really changed.. i miss how she would call my name so fondly...

i'm a big boy now... look at me..

Ah Jian...

No comments: